This placard was produced for the second official national strike in Ireland on the 24th of May 2019 involving an estimated 3,000 people – part of a wider global moment of school strikes. The strike action artwork was drawn directly from this placard in order to generate social media materials, graphics and to popularise the strike action.
- that fossil fuels are left in the ground;
- that the government reform the educational system to include ecological literacy;
- to make the transition to a CO2-neutral Ireland socially fair;
- implement all of the recommendations of the citizen’s assembly immediately;
- create and enforce stronger regulations for corporations that are causing the crisis and to reduce emissions from agriculture;
- introduce and implement a Green New Deal to ensure that future livelihoods will not damage the earth.
The students continue to strike.
For more, see the School’s Climate Action Network.