The autumn issue of INDEX: the Development Education Exchange magazine is out and can be viewed above. A snappy and interesting read, there’s plenty of commentary and information on global development issues.
The present issue is themed on Austerity in Ireland: a Development Education response. The contents give a good flavour of the diversity of contributions included:
- A strategy to shape the future of development education on the island of Ireland? by Benjamin Mallon
- A cautionary tale: the true cost of austerity and inequality in Europe by Morina O’Neill and Jim Clarken
- The reflective practitioner
- The fight for decent work
- IDEA news
- Introducing “An audit of development education resources” by Ciara Regan
- Resource review: “A Business Studies and Development Education Transition Unit” by Paul Cron
This is the first issue of INDEX produced by Irish Development Education Association (IDEA) which was previously published by Comhlámh. This issue was also overseen by outgoing Communications Officer in IDEA, Siobhan Sleeman, who did a fantastic job.
The autumn 2013 issue can also be downloaded (16.3MB).