Is your school interested in getting involved (or is already involved) in development education activities? Or are you an NGO or an education network working with schools on development education?
If so, there’s an exciting opportunity for you to apply for funding to support your development education activities. Funding is for development education activities in the upcoming 2015-2016 academic year only (i.e. September 2015 – May 2016).
The WorldWise Global Schools (WWGS) national programme offers grant funding schools, education networks and NGOs to support new – or existing – development education initiatives at post-primary level:
“WWGS will fund activities that help students and teachers to better understand and ‘do’ development education, whether in the curriculum, or through extra-curricular activities, and/or across the wider school environment. We will also provide some (limited) funding to support applicants in Global School Partnerships.”
Schools that have not applied for WWGS funding before can apply for a starter school grant of up to €600 by completing a very short and simple one-page application form.
Schools previously in receipt of WWGS funding can apply for a grant of up to €3,000 (or up to €5,000 if your school has a Global School Partnership in place).
NGOs and education networks can apply for funding regardless of whether they have or have not been previous grantees.
How to Apply
WWGS call for grant funding applications will remain open to applicants up until the 26th of April. The grants call is being supported by a series of grant applications workshops:
- Teacher Workshop, Dundalk Education Centre: 7pm, Monday March 2nd
- Teacher Workshop, Waterford Teacher Centre: 6:30pm, Monday March 9th
- Teacher Workshop, Laois Education Centre: 7pm, Tuesday March 10th
- Teacher Workshop, Galway Education Centre: 7pm,Wednesday March 11th
- Teacher Workshop, Dublin: 6.30pm, Thursday March 12th [WorldWise Global Schools Office, Kingsbridge House, 17-22 Parkgate Street].
- Teacher Workshop, Cork Education Centre: 7:15pm Thursday March 19th
- Teacher Workshop, Athlone Education Centre @ 6:30 Monday 23rd March
- Teacher Workshop, Limerick Education Centre @ 6:30pm Wednesday 25th March
- NGO/Networks Workshop, Dublin: 2pm-4pm Thursday March 12th [WorldWise Global Schools Office, Kingsbridge House, 17-22 Parkgate Street].
Apply online at www.worldwiseschools.ie/funding to register expressions of interest.
Download the flyer for more info on the 2015/2016 grants call.
Not sure what it is you would like to do as your development education activity?
Why not have a look at our DE in Action section for some inspiration and to see what others have done. Also check out the WWGS 8 steps for getting started with development education.