**APPLICATIONS CLOSING TOMORROW FRIDAY 5TH JUNE 2015**
“This new programme will support young people to be agents of change, where they are empowered to be active global citizens contributing to building a world of justice, equity, and dignity.”
National Youth Council of Ireland, together with Irish Aid in the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, are delighted to announce the launch of the United Nations Youth Delegate Programme for Ireland in 2015 (UNYDP).
This new UN Youth Delegate Programme for Ireland will support two young people aged between 18-25 to represent Ireland’s diplomatic mission at the United Nations on behalf of the Irish government and people in Ireland.
The role of the youth delegates includes opportunities to attend two intergovernmental conferences: the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Summit (End of September) and the United Nations General Assembly (in October.
The aims of United Nations Youth Delegate Programme – Ireland are:
- To directly involve young people from Ireland in the international development policy
- and decision-making agenda;
- To hear and include the voice of young people on development issues at local,
- national, and global levels;
- To promote development and youth policies among young people in Ireland;
- To familiarise young people in Ireland with global development issues and
- opportunities for involvement they have in this regard;
- To support activities and development initiatives in Ireland.
Criteria and a call for applications for this prestigious and amazing opportunity are available here: www.youth.ie/un_youth_
- Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, June 5th 2015.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information