Links for Teachers:
- Education resources focused on Trees and Sustainability: beagleproject.org
- Environmental education resources: epa.ie
- Climate change adaptation resource from the UK Department of Environment and Rural Affairs – defra.gov.uk
- Education resources on a range of topics provided by the UK Science Museum: sciencemuseum.org
- Earth Day – Give Earth a Hand – A powerful Greenpeace video that touches upon a range of issues including sustainable development, consumerism, environmental degradation, water scarcities and environmental protection.
- UNESCO ‘Water in cities’ – This video explores the sustainable management of water resources in the context of cities and their growth.
- Creeping Deserts – A short video about the search for water in dry regions of West Africa.
- Facebook: Unfriend Coal – An entertaining Greenpeace video promoting their campaign targeting Facebook (and other IT companies) to use re-newable energy sources to power their infrastructure.
- Duke anti Nuke
- The Catulator game – calculates your environmental footprint with the help of a mean dog and a weary cat.
- The Aqualator game – the bedraggled cat helps you to work out how much water you waste or save.
- There are a range of games related to sustainable development available on the following website: sciencemuseum.org.uk