- Define Sustainability.
- Give five examples of sustainable activities – e.g. building, farming, energy, etc.
- Outline the link between climate change and sustainability.
- Give an example of Sustainable Development Aid and Emergency Aid.
- Research two organisations that provide Sustainable Development Aid and Emergency Aid.
- Understand concepts of Carbon Footprint, Ecological Footprint and Food Miles.
- Measure a personal, family, class or school Carbon Footprint and Water Footprint.
- Initiate at least one activity to reduce or compensate for school’s Carbon Footprint.
- Research using I.C.T.
- Use various methods to measure Carbon Footprint.
- Film review and critical reflection.
- Conduct and analyse a survey on energy use.
- Excellent resource from Shelbourne Farms Sustainable Schools Project: a guide to education for sustainability (2011)
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change | ipcc.ch
- Sustainable Development lecture from Oliver Sachs (I:07 mins)
- Sustainable development links on developmenteducation.ie: introduction to sustainable development; guide to consumption; and blogs on the global goals for sustainable development