Growing the Future: A Development Education Resource for CSPE in Post-Primary Schools
Growing the Future supports civics education teachers and their groups on current issues facing families and communities in Zimbabwe such as food security, climate change and Covid-19.
Growing the Future supports teachers and students to understand the current issues facing families
and communities in Zimbabwe, primarily food security, but also climate change and Covid-19.
The activities focus on understanding the current situation, but also looking to the future, and
encouraging students to come up with solutions for existing problems, leading to a brighter
future for all.
- 8 lessons, 4 worksheets
- A short section in each activity for the educator to give the context
- CSPE learning outcomes linked per activity
- Access to additional supporting content such as slideshows (PowerPoint) and a suggested teaching plan
Lesson plan outline:
Lesson One: SDG 2 – Zero Hunger
Lesson Two: A Closer Look at Food
Lesson Three: Global Inequalities in Food Distribution
Lesson Four: Food Insecurity
Lesson Five: A Focus on Zimbabwe
Lesson Six: Let’s Grow Together! Agriculture in Zimbabwe
Lesson Seven: Let’s Grow Together! Our School
Lesson Eight: Game Changers
This resource is part of the ‘A Brighter Future’ education resources by Trócaire.
Materials from Growing the Future:
- Download Growing the Future teaching resource (PDF)
- Download the supporting photo pack (PDF)
- Download the educator’s supporting presentation (PPT)
- Access the as Gaeilge version (Irish language) of Fómhar don Todhchaí and support materials
- Visit the A Brighter Future post primary education page.