Knowledge Matters issue 15 – The role of technology at Concern Worldwide
This resource explores the diverse ways Concern Worldwide is employing technology in its work.
Advances in the cloud, wifi and improved connectivity have changed Concern’s office systems. They are also harnessing the power of technology when it comes to development programmes: their digital data gathering-tools, mapping technology and solar solutions are utilised and welcomed worldwide by staff and partners.
Chapters in this resource are short (500-1,500 words) written by Concern staff. Topics covered in this issue are:
- How digital data gathering can improve monitoring and evaluation practice
- Why technology matters for NGOs
- Shining a light on developing countries
- Reflecting on Concern’s ICT4D journey
- What have we learned about mobile money
- Technology trends for 2016
- The digital divide
- Putting GIS on the map
- The role of digital data in building resilient communities
- Can technology contribute to positive development outcomes?
- Futureproofing information technology at Concern