Care: Unit 2 from the Faith in Action series
This is unit 2 of a 4-part interactive whiteboard resource suitable for general religious education (RE) at senior secondary school. At the end of this unit students will be familiar with scripture and Catholic Social teaching relating to the call of Christians to act in solidarity with the poor and needy.
Faith in Action Series
This educational resource has been designed for use on interactive whiteboards. Each unit contains supplementary notes for teachers, packed full of background information and group activity ideas.
The ‘Faith in Action’ resource contains four weeks of engaging lesson material for the Pope John Paul II Award. Students are then encouraged to spend another four weeks carrying out action projects within their communities. (The resource can be adapted to fit a longer or shorter timeframe.)
Unit 2: Care About
In this one hour lesson students will learn about scripture and Catholic Social Teaching relating to the call of Christians to act in solidarity with the poor and needy. Students will also reflect on their own attitudes and values concerning helping the poor and needy on a global scale.
This whiteboard resource is further accompanied by teacher notes and student factsheets.
Links to the remaining Faith in Action units:
- Unit 1: Become Aware
- Unit 3: Act
- Unit 4: Trócaire in Action
- All units and resources can be viewed and accessed online on a single Faith in Action page on the Trócaire site
- Download Unit 2 – Care About PDF presentation or access Unit 2 – Care About whiteboard online resource
- Download Teacher notes Unit 2 Care About PDF
- Download Factsheet – Millennium Development Goals PDF
- Download Factsheet – Poverty PDF