#CreateFairtrade: A CSPE Action Guide
This CSPE action guide can be adapted to build on and practice key Civic, Social and Political Education themes and supports three learning strands: Rights and Responsibilities, Global Citizenship and Exploring Democracy.
The materials correspond with the Junior Cycle Statements of Learning (SOL) 9, 10 and 11.
This booklet for Civic, Social and Political Education (CSPE):
- explores these issues through a focus on funsize bananas (and the banana supply chain)
- reminds us why Fairtrade is important
- offers over 20 everyday actions that build further on previous successes
- links with the Sustainable Development Goals agenda
- links with Fairtrade Fortnight in 2019 (February 25th to March 10th)
- offers educational activity ideas linked to CSPE learning outcomes and a set of action activities
- includes graphics, illustrations and case studies from producer networks (Columbia) and student Fairtrade activists (Castleisland Community College, Kerry)
- Lists three Fairtrade food recipes: banana bread, sesame bananas and green smoothie
- lists a range of support materials including videos