Global South Resources: Uganda lesson plan
This lesson plans includes a series of activities designed for use with second-level students who are establishing a link with a school in Uganda or have already established the link but need more classroom support.
The activities focus on preparing students for a global learning experience and getting to know their peers in Uganda, as well as working with primary source materials and evaluating their accuracy.
As well as links to primary sources in Uganda (news articles, videos etc.) this resource includes strong evaluation components for peer-learning and ongoing assessment.
- Students will distinguish between primary and secondary sources;
- Students will acquire and use skills to locate primary sources using the internet;
- Students will critically examine internet sources to determine their validity;
- Students will be introduced to Uganda through interaction with primary sources.
Part I Introduction to Global Learning
Activity 1 Across the Great Divide
Activity 2 Cultural Iceberg
Activity 3 Images and Messages
Part II Working with Primary Sources
Activity 4 Primary vs. Secondary Sources
Activity 5 Evaluating Internet Based Data
Part III Welcome to Uganda
Activity 6 Looking and Listening to Uganda
Activity 7 Culture Kit
Activity 8 The Importance of Youth
Activity 9 Carbon Footprints
Activity 10 Project Work on Uganda
Check the annotation on the other country lesson plans:
- GSResources: South Africa lesson plan
- GSResources: Zambia lesson plan
There are numerous links to Ugandan resources on the GSResources project website, which can be used to support your classroom work with your students involved in the linking programme.
Download Uganda lesson plan (PDF 357kb)
Visit Waterford One World website | https://www.waterfordoneworldcentre.com