Going Beyond the Symbols: Ethical Consumerism and Fair Trade for Youth Work
Going Beyond the Symbols: Ethical Consumerism and Fair Trade for Youth Work is designed to help youth leaders address these issues with their groups. The resource looks at ethical consumption and Fair Trade as well as related issues such as child labour, climate change and the Sustainable Development Goals.
This resource includes:
- Introductory material to the sustainable development goals and wants vs needs
- 8 activities and 8 info sheets
- issues and topics covered: child labour, carbon footprinting, ethical consumption, sustainable tourism, Sustainable Development Goals
- Suggestions for actions that young people can take
- Participatory learning methods (quiz, carbon footprint game etc)
This is part 1 of a series of Going Beyond the Symbols which will eventually include an edition for Primary, Post-Primary, Community Group Leaders, Adult Education.
Download: Going Beyond the Symbols – youth (4MB)
- Print: hard copes available (free) from Waterford One World Centre. Contact email@example.com or 051 873064.
- Online: Waterford One World Centre