Peace together: Embracing Diversity in Co. Monaghan Schools
A Transition Year resource with a focus on identity and diversity, on stereotyping and discrimination, migration and sectarianism.
The resource is divided into 8 units focusing on Diversity and Me, Understanding myself, Getting to know Our Community, A Sense of Belonging, Looking at Migration, Peace-ing it all together and Action Research.
This resource is detailed and easy to use; strong activities base, worksheets, onward links, teacher discussion points and research suggestions.
Some of the features of this resource include:
- exploring attitudes around symbols and labels
- self assessment activities on attidudes toward communities
- investigating cultures in Monaghan
- analysing conflict, the opinions of minorities and examining the past
- a glossary of useful terms
Download Peace Together PDF (8.00MB)
More information on the Monaghan Education Centre and queries on ordering a CD-Rom version of Peace Together https://www.metc.ie