What USE is my mobile phone? A toolkit
What USE is my Mobile Phone? begins begins with the question: ‘Can we use our phones to change how we see the world?’ and takes participants on a journey from personal use of the phone to asking how it is made and what are the conditions like for the workers?; then onto different uses of the phone globally (walking in some one else’s shoes with a mobile) and finally the participants experience having to flee their homes due to conflict, relying on the smartphone as an essential tool.
- 7 sessions with materials, time note and age suitability
- information, fact cards and onward reference points
- active learning methods i.e. role play cards and theatre
- sessions linked to specific Sustainable Development Goal and these are part of the learning experience; specifically, thematic focus on SDG 16. peace and justice, SDG 8. decent work and economic growth, and SDG 12. responsible consumption and production
- Download What USE is my mobile phone? PDF (7MB)
- For more, visit Youth Work Ireland Tipperary or on Twitter @ywitipp