Who We Are
Five Artists: Nikita Abuya from Kenya, Béibhínn McCarthy, Tara O’Brien, Neave Alouf from Ireland and Viktoria Spokojna from Berlin
STAND Activities Coordinator, Caitriona Rogerson and Marketing and Branding Awareness Coordinator Madeline Campbell.
What We Did
In 2021, the STAND Student Festival celebrated collective resilience in the face of global challenges. From the fight for climate justice to social inclusion, gender equality to mental health, this year’s #RISEUP Exhibition puts stories of hope, determination, and resilience centre-stage.
The #RISEUP Exhibition showcased twenty changemakers from around the world who have risen up to take action for positive change. From Ireland to Kenya, Somalia to South Africa, Uganda to Afghanistan, these individuals and collectives have shown courage, creativity and dedication in tackling global challenges.
The following are but a few of the images included in the exhibition which toured the 14 participating campuses.
The activists and changemakers included in the exhibition included:
- Saoi O’Connor (18) – Climate Activist, Ireland
- Nzambi Matee (29) – Social Entrepreneur & Engineer, Kenya
- Vanessa Nakate (24) – Climate Activist, Uganda
- Nina Gualinga (27) – Climate & Indigenous Rights Activist, Ecuador
- Aisling Byrne (27) – Entrepreneur, Fashion Activist, and Founder of Nuw, Ireland
- Senator Eileen Flynn (31) – First Traveller to have a seat in the Oireachtas, Ireland
- Alex Kofi Donker (29) – Founder of LGBT+ Rights Ghana, Ghana
- Disabled Women Ireland (DWI), Ireland
- Louisamay Hanrahan (29)- Founder of Let’s Help Direct Provision & Let’s Match Mums, Ireland
- Black & Irish, Ireland
Women & Gender Equality
- Ifrah Ahmed (32) – FGM activist and campaigner, Somalia/Ireland
- #MeToo Movement, Global
- Movement to Repeal the Eighth Amendment, Ireland
- Candice Chirwa (25) – Menstruation Activist, South Africa
- Sonita Alizadeh (25) – Rapper & activist on Child Marriage, Afghanistan
- Jay Buntin & Mathew Taylor (19) Founders of Pure Mental, Northern Ireland
- Adam Harris (25)Founder of AsIAm, National Autism Charity, Ireland
- Geraldine McDonnell (25) Traveller & Mental Health worker, Pavee Point, Ireland
- Blessing Dada, (21) Irish-Nigerian Mental Health Activist
- Hauwa Ojeifa (29) – mental health activist, Nigeria
Features, blogs and guides
Would you like your resources to be included in our resources library? Then you’ve come to the right place.
How much do you know about business and human rights? Take the quiz about corporate marketing tactics, voluntary pledges & supply chain accountability.
It’s not every week that your work gets selected to join an international event such as the World Expos. World exhibitions, which first emerged in