Brighter Futures Ahead: A Development Education Toolkit for Youth Groups
Brighter Futures Ahead explores food security, gender equality and climate justice in Zimbabwe and Ireland which are some of the key challenges facing young people globally today.
Brighter Futures Ahead explores food security, gender equality and climate justice which are some of the key challenges facing young people globally today.
- Links issues in Zimbabwe to Ireland as part of a ‘what’s the stich?’ approach, including justice-centred and human rights approaches.
- Supports youth workers, youth group leaders and educators to facilitate engaging sessions that will bring an increased awareness through critical questioning of global issues.
- Brings ‘self’ and collective care practices, along with power analysis, walking debates, artivism and starting your own community garden
- Will support your group to challenge themselves while also supporting each other, to bring change in their local communities and awareness of global issues.
- Aligns with the National Youth Strategy’s five learning outcomes and the North/South Education and Training Standards Committee for Youth Work (NSETS), National Quality
Standard Framework (NQSF) Five Core Principles.