Celebrating the Universal Declaration of Human Rights: A Civic Social and Political Education Resource Pack
Celebrating the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) is a resource pack for CSPE teachers and their students. The resource contains 12 classes; each class sets out to answer an important question about the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
The resource uses active learning methodologies to provide young people with the opportunity to:
- Explore the origins and background of the UDHR;
- Examine and empathise with the challenges faced by the UDHR;
- Reflect on the achievements of individuals, society and governments because of the UDHR;
Reflect on their own ability to make a positive difference to human rights.
Big Ideas in this Resource
Celebrating the Universal Declaration of Human Rights resource aims to:
- Introduce students to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and give them the opportunity to reflect on human rights in the world around them;
- Explore the importance of human rights in creating a just and equal world;
- Examine how individuals can take action to protect human rights and ensure a fairer world.
For use in the teaching of CSPE modules: Rights and Responsibilities, Human Dignity and Development.
Available online at https://www.amnesty.ie
To order a hard copy of the Celebrating the Universal Declaration of Human Rights resource please email email@example.com