Equality Network Weekend Workshop kit
This workshop aims to explore the theme of equality, drawing from the EIL’s International experience, and provide a forum and platform for participants to discuss, debate and plan for action and change.
Twice a year the Volunteers from the EIL Development Education Committee plan and deliver workshops intended to raise awareness about global issues among EIL Network members. The themes of the workshops are decided by a consensus decision of the committee, and everyone pitches in to bring the content together. In this kit we are really pleased to share with you our workshop on “Equality”.
This guide provides workshop facilitation for equality in a ‘step by step’ format.
Each activity is accompanied by aim, learning outcome, detailed facilitator notes and debriefing and evaluation exercises. A strong ‘action’ component is included at the end of this resource for groups to follow
Workshops Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this workshop participants will:
- Have discussed and explored different perspectives surrounding equality issues
- Have explored connections between international issues and local issues
- Have discussed organisations that raise awareness or take action on equality issues
- Have a clear set of potential actions they can take to continue their enagement with these issues
This resource includes:
- video resources
- facilitator tips per activity
- a quiz
- de-briefing supports
- session evalutation tools
This resource was prepared and written by EIL’s Development Education Committee: Adam Peerbux, Laura McLoughlin, Brian Hughes, Mora Cliffe, Sarah Brazil, Deirdre McAdams, Niamh Foley, Cliodhna Cotter, Lynn Waller, Elaine Doyle, Jorge Ruiz and Órla Ryan.