Global Hunger Index 2018: forced migration and hunger
The 2018 Global Hunger Index—published jointly by Concern Worldwide and Welthungerhilfe—tracks the state of hunger worldwide and spotlights those places where action to address hunger is most urgently needed.
This year’s Global Hunger Index reveals a distressing gap between the current rate of progress in the fight against hunger and undernutrition and the rate of progress needed to eliminate hunger and alleviate human suffering
1. The Concept of the Global Hunger Index 6
2. Global, Regional, and National Trends 10
3. Forced Migration and Hunger 24
4. A Closer Look at Hunger and Under-nutrition: Bangladesh and Ethiopia 34
5. Policy Recommendations 44