80-20 Development in an Unequal World. 7th Edition
80-20 Development in an Unequal World introduces, explores and challenges the key issues and daily realities in human development, human rights and sustainability in our increasingly unequal world.
New and completely revised edition of the popular development education resource – now widely used at introductory university level, among teachers and students at senior post-primary level, by NGO personnel in education and training as well as in adult and youth education contexts.
The 7th edition of 80-20 Development in an Unequal World includes:
- A comprehensive introduction to the many key challenges the world faces today
- Explores several cross-cutting issues within development: poverty, climate change (and climate justice), sustainability women’s rights (and wrongs), human rights and key issues of focus such as unfair trade and the economics and politics of inequality and overseas aid, the current economic and financial system, understanding migration and the nature of activism
- Is driven by stories, illustrations, introductory overviews of a key issue, examining global trends and by posing moral dilemmas across each of its 15 chapters
- Critically reviews recent international agreements such as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Agreement on climate change
- Is backed up with a suite of educational support materials
- Is written and illustrated by an international group of authors and educationalists
- Has been completely revised and updated for the 7th edition as an invaluable primer for use in a variety of educational contexts