Education, Action, Solidarity, NOW! An Audit of Development Education and Global Citizenship Education Resources in Ireland 2017-2020
For writers, educators, funders and DIY education materials alike, this study is part of the ongoing research agenda to monitor, evaluate and take stock of development education (DE) / global citizenship education (GCE) learning resources produced in Ireland.
The third audit of Development Education resources in Ireland draws on resources identified during the four-year period 2017 – 2020.
A number of key events, updates and contexts in development and education have impacted on the style, content and focus areas of resource developments.
Taken together, these events paint a picture of huge change, incremental progress and hostility towards the 2030 agenda for sustainable development. It has also been an era of pushback and resistance underwritten by regular access to and engagement from development education (DE) and global citizenship education practitioners and programmes.
Foreword to the third edition by Michael Doorly
List of Charts, Tables and Case Studies
2. Aims and Scope of An Audit of Development Education Resources in Ireland 2017-20
3. Methodology and Caveats
4. Main Findings
5. Gaps and Observations
- Download Education, Action, Solidarity, NOW! PDF
- Access interactive graphics from the study in a summary blog post or submit queries about events and workshops around the content and implications of the audit.
Previous editions of the audit
- Download Learning to Change the World: An Audit of Development Education Resources in Ireland 2013- 2016 PDF
- Download Audit of Irish Development Education Resources 2000-2012 PDF and associated appendixes and database of resources