Linking and Learning: a classroom Transition Unit resource pack
Linking and Learning is a Transition Unit aimed at second level schools that are establishing and developing links with partner schools in the Global South. Its main aim is to help students and teachers explore and experience how North/South learning partnerships can be a vehicle for enhancing understanding, facilitating joint learning and expressing solidarity.
It provides a range of activities aimed at helping students explore their understanding of North/South relationships and concepts such as partnership, development, power and solidarity. It challenges students to think critically about their perceptions of themselves, their world and their place in it.
At 81 pages in length this Transition Unit aims to:
- Develop a critical awareness and understanding of key development concepts and issues
- Help students explore how a North/South learning partnership can be a way towards enhancing understanding, facilitating joint learning and expressing solidarity
- Foster attitudes of respect, understanding and empathy towards people in different cultures and circumstances
- Transition Year
- Junior Certificate: CSPE & Geography
- Leaving Certificate: Religious Education, Geography, & Politics and Society
- Leaving Certificate Applied: Social Education
For further information on development education through North-South school partnerships, have a look at the WorldWise partnership toolkit and other resources on the WorldWise website or on the Léargas website
- Download Linking and Learning PDF (English language version)
- Download Nascadh agus Foghlaim PDF (Irish language version)
- Contact Léargas to request a hard copy of the resource pack and accompanying CD-ROM (email@example.com) or visit https://www.leargas.ie/ for more information