This 53 page resource on World Hunger covers four key areas related to hunger: understanding hunger; ending hunger; the international response to hunger; and Concern Worldwide’s approach to hunger.
World Hunger is divided into four comprehensive sections. The first section (Understanding Hunger) explores definitions and terminologies used to describe hunger and explain what it actually is. It also explodes some myths around the issue. The second section is about debating the issue of hunger and some of the proposed solutions for food crises are – including bio-fuels, volatile food prices, international agricultural policy and GM foods and biotechnology.
The last two sections look at the international response to hunger – highlighting in particular Concern’s approach to the issue.
Other publications from Concern’s Campaign Resource series:
- Climate Change (2009)
- Child Labour (2008)
- Microcredit: give credit to the poor (2006)
Other research reports:
- The Food and Agriculture Organisation of the UN report on The State of the Food Insecurity in the World 2011
- The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), Welt Hunger Hilfe and Concern Worldwide report on 2011 Global Hunger Index – The Challenge of Hunger: Taming price spikes and excessive food price volatility
- Download World Hunger PDF (free)
- Cost €10 The resource can also be ordered directly from Concern