The 2021 UN Food Systems Summit is a historic opportunity to fix our broken food systems. But what is it?, when is it? and why does it really, really, matter?
Join us for an open discussion with Q&A format to find out what’s happening at the summit and how you can play a role in transforming how we produce and consume food and meeting the challenges of climate change.
Date: Thurs Feb 11th, 2021
Duration: 40 minutes
Discussion and Q&A
Format: online registration via Zoom
- Olive Towey, Senior Policy Advisor on Hunger, Concern Worldwide
- Sophie Healy-Thow, host of Midday Snackbox podcast and University College Cork food activist
Of interest to consumption activists, waste campaigners, food justice campaigners, chefs, home economics teachers and more!
- Hungry for change: An open letter to African governments by Agnes Kalibata on Mail and Guardian, South Africa
- Food systems “game changers”: reflections so far by Lawrence Haddad, Executive Director of GAIN and Chair of the UN Food Systems Summit’s Action Track 1
- 10 Myths About Global Waste by developmenteducation.ie
A lunchtime briefing event brought to you by developmenteducation.ie and Concern Worldwide
For more on developmenteducation.ie
Explore a brief timeline marking 36 moments and events with richly diverse stories of African struggle, unity and solidarity for over 140 years.
Would you like your resources to be included in our resources library? Then you’ve come to the right place.
How much do you know about business and human rights? Take the quiz about corporate marketing tactics, voluntary pledges & supply chain accountability.