Monitoring & Evaluation
Data is important to us.
developmenteducation.ie has a working group to monitor and evaluate how the website is performing and to review and integrate feedback in a timely and appropriate manner. The working group collects feedback from on the functioning and content of the website on a regular basis through user groups, an annual survey and website analytics.
Sharing trend data is important to us. Whether to be used for internal discussions, as part of designing development education programmes in Ireland or for research purposes developmenteducation.ie shares data on the broad trends.
An external evaluation of the recent three year programme phase (Jan 2013 – Dec 2015) was conducted by Áine Fortune in early 2016, which includes a range of case studies, findings and recommendations.
Download the Executive Summary of the external evaluation (2016), which includes:
- ‘in their own words..’ sample of views gathered during the evaluation during focus group interviews
- background to the project and methodology
- 11 case studies on achievements
- Key findings and challenges of the review: relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability
- 13 recommendations
- Monitoring and evaluation framework, analysis and progress
- developmenteducation.ie Management Committee response to the external evaluation (September 27th, 2016)
- Programme evaluation report (2016) by Áine Fortune
For ongoing summary trends, see the blog:
- 8 things we’ve learned from the website in 2014 (Jan 26, 2014)
- Top 10 resources on developmenteducation.ie in 2014 (Dec 27, 2014)
- Top 10 blogs on developmenteducation.ie in 2014 (Dec 24, 2014)
- Top 10 blog on developmenteducation.ie in 2013 (Dec 31, 2013)
Current members of the monitoring and evaluation working group: Toni Pyke, Ciara Regan and Tony Daly.